1. How can I find out more about the MIM system or seek clarification on anything I don’t understand?
3. Do the clips need to be aligned in the direction of travel of the horses or on the intended jumping line?
Answer: No, just follow the instructions.
Answer: They must not be loose once fitted, they need to be ‘hand tight’ ie easily put in position and replaced as/when necessary.
Answer: Yes. For example, elephant traps/sloping rails can use the Post & Rail system.
6. From a general interest point of view, if a clip is fitted horizontally will it act differently to if it is fitted vertically or at 45 degrees?
Answer: Please take note of the details in the instructions, this is very important.
Answer: No, they can be used on each end of rails.
Answer: No, all rails must have 2 clips on.
- It is recommended to place a catcher block behind the upright which will ‘catch’ the rail if the clips are activated to prevent the rail hitting the upright and thereby possibly loosening the upright. The ‘catcher’ needs to allow the rail to drop below horizontal. The catcher must catch the rail not the bracket and the rail must hit the catchers squarely.
- The minimum drop of the rail is 25cms.
- Care must be taken to build fences in such a way that when the system is activated there are no dangerous gaps or traps.
- Ageing of fences: please appreciate that as fences get older the wood dries out or rots and screws become loose. They must be checked thoroughly before every event. Thorough maintenance is very important.
12. The angle of the clip on fences where the adjustable brackets in the Post & Rail kits are used has a tolerance if the height of the rail is adjusted using the bracket, ie it is not required in all circumstances to change the clip if the rail is raised or lowered
Answer: please refer to instructions.
Answer: Please remove the clips and secure or drop the rails so that there is no chance of inadvertent activation for example if people stand on the fence.
Answer: Do not secure the flag to any frangible part of a fence.